Ducid (Aluminum Hydroxide 200mg / Magnesium Hydroxide 400mg )
Each sachet (10ml) contains:
- Aluminum hydroxide gel (13%) (USP) equivalent to 200mg Aluminum Hydroxide 1.5385g
- Magnesium hydroxide (USP) 400mg
Availability: 10ml sachet (box of 20's)
Description: white suspension with orange flavor
Indications: for the treatment of acid peptic ulcer disease, erosive gastroduodenal lesions and reflux esophagitis.
Dosage and Administration: The usual adult dosage is 1 sachet (10ml), three times a day, between meals or bedtime or as prescribed by physician.
Contraindications: Patients receiving dialysis therapy, hypophosphatemia, and hypersensitive to any components of this product.
Precautions: Diarrhea or constipation may occur while taking this drug. Metabolic: hypophosphatemia, hypermagnesemia (in patients with renal insufficiency).
Drug Interactions: Antacids are known to interfere with the absorption of certain drugs including tetracyclines, vitamins, ciprofloxacin, ketoconazole, hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine, chlorpromazine, and rifampicin. Aluminum hydroxide and citrates may result in increased aluminum levels, especially in patients with renal impairment.
1. If any improvement is not observed in about 2 weeks of therapy, discontinue the administration and consult a physician or pharmacist.
2. Keep the indicated dosage and administration
3. Long-term successive administration should be avoided.
4. Patients with history of renal disease should consult with a physician or pharmacist before administration.
Pediatric Use: This drug should not be administered to infants under 3 months of age. Though baby is older than 3 months of age, it should not be used in babies under 1 year of age unless where inevitable.
Storage: Store at temperatures not exceeding 30°C.
Precautions for Storage:
1. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Avoid direct sunlight and keep sealed tightly in a cool place with low humidity as possible.
3. To prevent misuse and guarantee quality, do not store in a different container.
For suspected adverse reaction, report to the FDA: www.fda.gov.ph. Seek medical attention immediately at the first sign of any adverse drug reaction.